|Job Status :||Full-time|
K&N is hiring a Welder/Fabricator for their Spokane, WA location.
The Welder/Fabricator will be responsible for set-up, lay-out, and tack-up of various precision frame weldments and brackets and weld out precision frames to exact tolerances.
Tig and Mig weld milled steel, aluminum, and stainless steel.
Read and understands SolidWorks and AutoCAD drawings
Responsible for understanding various weld form symbols on blue prints and understand size of fillet forms.
Tacks up structures to required tolerance.
Square up and weld various geometries of components.
Weld both vertical and horizontal plane geometry.
Responsible for completing various edge preps before welding.
Responsible for understanding and completing set up techniques.
Ability to hold final required cosmetic finish with angle grinders and sanders
Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.). Four years’ experience either in a production or job shop environment. Experience with fork truck, overhead crane and rigging preferred.
Certificates/Licenses: Certifications preferred in welding A36, Aluminum and/or stainless steel.
Physical Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; talk and hear
- Regularly stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally lift and/or move 75 pounds; pushing, pulling
- Clearly see 20+ feet, with or without corrective lenses. Have ability for close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities/Competencies: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the:
- Adaptability: Ability to adapt to changes, delays or unexpected events in the work environment; ability to manage competing demands and prioritize tasks; ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Attendance and Punctuality: Ability to consistently be at work and on time.
- Dependability: Ability to follow instructions, both in written and verbal format; ability to respond to management direction; ability to complete tasks on time or notify the appropriate person with an alternate plan when necessary.
- Analytical Ability: Ability to maintain focus for extended periods of time; ability to complete research projects with resourcefulness and persistence; ability to synthesize complex or diverse information; ability to use intuition and experience to complement existing data.
- Computer/Technical Ability: Working knowledge of standard computer programs including Microsoft Office products. Comprehend drawings and or prints
- Ethics: Ability to treat all people with respect; promote a harassment-free environment; Uphold organizational values.
- Interpersonal Skills: Ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with others, excellent customer service skills and a good overall understanding of appropriate human relations.
- Judgment: Ability to make prudent and timely decisions; ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment; ability to explain reasoning for decisions.
- Language Ability: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively present information to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Motor Coordination: Ability to coordinate eyes, hands, fingers, and feet accurately and handle precise movements.
- Problem Solving Ability: Ability to identify and/or prevent problems before they occur; ability to formulate alternative solutions to problems when necessary; ability to transfer learning from past experiences to new experiences of similar nature. Ability to prioritize, plan and organize to meet deadlines and expectations.
- Safety and Security: Ability to observe safety and security procedures; Report potentially unsafe conditions. Use equipment and materials properly.
- Quality Management: Ability to complete duties, on time and with absolute precision, at least 95% of the time; ability to edit the accuracy and thoroughness of one’s work as well as the work of others; ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance, ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions; ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Supervisory Skills: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise Conditions: Moderate noise conditions.
- Heat: May be subject to weather and non-weather related high temperatures.
- Cold: May be exposed to weather and non-weather related low temperatures.
- Atmospheric Exposures: May occasionally be exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work in high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; vibration. May be frequently exposed to risk of electric shock. May be regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical par
K&N Electric Motors endeavors to make